Obtaining authorisation for cross-border market access for Belgian companies


Transporters who want to organise cross-border transport from the Walloon region must obtain authorisation for cross-border market access from the Road Transport Regulation Department, in accordance with European Regulation 1073/2009.    

Key points

You must be in possession of prior authorisation to operate in this sector (see Obtaining authorisation to work as a road transport operator).

In detail


Foreign transporters who want to carry out cross-border transport activities send their request to the Walloon Transport Operator (OTW).

The OTW sends the request to the Road Transport Regulation Department.      

The file is sent to the relevant foreign authority for an opinion. It has two months to respond. If no response is issued within two months, the opinion is deemed to be favourable. This opinion is sent to the Organising Authority for Transport (AOT). 

In the event of a favourable opinion, authorisation is issued to the transporter and a copy of the opinion is sent to the foreign authority.


Updated on
Process n° : 145610
Did you find this page useful?
Back to processes