A company that is authorised to operate in this sector, which wishes to organise a specialised regular transport service in Wallonia, must obtain authorisation for market access, in accordance with the Decree Law of 30 December 1946 concerning the paid transportation of passengers by road via bus and coach.
You must be in possession of prior authorisation to operate in this sector (see Obtaining authorisation to work as a road transport operator).
The company must have authorisation to operate in this sector, issued by the Road Transport Regulation Department. The form to be completed is available on the Wallonia Mobility Portal (see ‘Procedure’ for further details).
If the contracting party is subject to the regulation on public procurement, they must comply with this. Proof of compliance with the regulation on public procurement will be requested. What proof?
- If the contract is worth more than €30,000, a copy of the decision, with justifications, to approve the transport service.
- If the contract is worth less than €30,000, or is equal to €30,000, a statement that the transporter was selected after a call for tenders.
Only a company that has received authorisation to operate in this sector may request market access. This request must be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
It may also be sent to this postal address: Service Public de Wallonie, Direction de la Régulation du transport par route, Cellule Accès au marché, Boulevard du Nord, 8, 5000 Namur
To obtain authorisation for market access:
- The company completes the market access application form. It must attach the requested documents as an annex. The form is available at the following address: Market access (wallonie.be).
- The company receives acknowledgement of receipt, which indicates that the file has been received and specifies whether it is complete or incomplete.
- The relevant Walloon Transport Operator (OTW) is consulted about the market access request by post. The OTW has ten days to issue its opinion. In particular, the opinion is centred on the usefulness and appropriateness of the request from the point of view of coordinating means of transport. If no response is issued, the opinion is deemed to be favourable. The response from the OTW is sent to the Organising Authority for Transport (AOT).
- In the event of a favourable opinion from the OTW, authorisation will be sent to the company bearing the signature of the relevant department.